"Santiago Solari is very knowledgeable about Mexican football" - Manuel Lapuente
One of the best head coaches in the history of Mexican football talked about the arrival of Santiago Solari to the Liga MX and thinks he will achieve great things with América.
Arguably, Club América made the biggest signing this winter by appointing Santiago Solari as their head coach and the Argentine is set to debut in the 2021 Guardianes tournament with a week of preparation since his arrival. The ‘Eagles’ will face Atlético San Luis at the Azteca Stadium on matchday 1 on 6 June.
Even though this will be Solari’s second first-team experience after coaching Real Madrid for a short spell, he has enough experience to achieve great things according to Manuel Lapuente, one of the most important head coaches in Mexico's history.
“Managing a team like Real Madrid is not an easy task and the experience Solari obtained during his short spell is important. He was able to deal with one of the best rosters in the world of football and I am sure he will do great managing Club América,” said Lapuente during an interview with EFE.
“Solari is a great head coach and he is knowledgeable about the Liga MX since he played at Atlante from 2009-10 during the end of his career as a footballer. Solari knows where he is working, the fans and the country he is in,” he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"