Julen Lopetegui commits to Sevilla until June 2024
Sevilla demonstrated their faith in Lopetegui who has become the coach with the best percentage of wins in club history - 100 points in 54 games.
Sevilla announced today that they have renewed Julen Lopetegui's contract until June 2024. The Basque coach's first 19 months in Seville have been so successful that the club has decided to demonstrate the faith they have in him with a new deal. Lopetegui, whose previous contract was due to expire in 2022, is now the coach with the best percentage record in the history of the club. He guided the team to qualify for the Champions League in his first season and subsequently lift the club's sixth Europa League title.
Lopetegui excited to continue with Sevilla
Lopetegui's figures during his time at Sevilla say it all. Yesterday's 3-2 win against Real Sociedad meant that he has now reached 100 points in 54 top flight games. The team's percentage of unbeaten games under the coach is over 82%. Lopetegui said he is delighted to extend his stay: "It gives me great excitement, we are full of energy and eager to develop Monchi's project even further. We want to help to make Sevilla an even bigger club, but to do that, we need to keep working hard so that we can make the fans' dreams a reality".
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"