Donald Trump issues statement on reports of potential violence
In a White House statement, President Trump says that amid reports of potential violence, “there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind.”
On Wednesday, while the House of Representatives were debating whether or not to impeach President Donald Trump for inciting insurrection, the White House issued a statement on his behalf which called for ‘Americans to help ease tensions and calm tempers’.
Trump, finally, calls for calm
"In light of reports of more demonstrations, I urge that there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind," the president said in the statement which was sent to Fox News. "That is not what I stand for and it is not what America stands for. I call on ALL Americans to help ease tensions and calm tempers. Thank You."
As some of my Republican colleagues observed, when the Capitol was under assault Trump waited crucial hours without doing anything to stop it.— Rep. Don Beyer (@RepDonBeyer) January 13, 2021
Now, facing impeachment, he issues a statement just before the vote. Donald Trump can always be depended upon to think about himself. https://t.co/rF4vD7qWvN
Following the House debate, the expectation is that all Democrats will vote to impeach along with a few Republicans and that will ensure that Trump becomes the first president to be impeached twice. That said, it will be unlikely to get through the Senate when it passes to there, possibly not getting a vote until 19 January, a day before Joe Biden’s inauguration.
Te recomendamos en English
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS unemployment refund update: how to track and check its state
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS How filing a tax return could help you get third stimulus check plus-up payments
- PERSONAL FINANCE Who qualifies for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) in California?
- Serie A Pirlo: Cristiano Ronaldo happy to be substituted
- REAL MADRID Zidane to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández scores his seventh goal of the season in MLS