WandaVision: how many episodes and when will they be released on Disney+?
The hotly anticipated new Marvel Cinematic Universe streaming series is almost here. Here’s the release date and when to tune in each week for new episodes.
The coronavirus pandemic initially deprived us of fresh releases from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but it’s finally back and looks to be well worth the wait.
What is the release schedule for WandaVision?
Unlike The Mandalorian season 2 before it, Disney+ are doing things a little differently.
To start the ball rolling not just one, but the first two episodes of WandaVision will air on Friday 15 January, with new episodes to follow every Friday for seven more weeks. That’s nine episodes in total.
It’s being anticipated that every Friday a new episode will drop at 12am PT /3am ET in the US and 8am in the UK.
WandaVision: full episode release schedule
- WandaVision Episode 1: 15 January
- WandaVision Episode 2: 15 January
- WandaVision Episode 3: 22 January
- WandaVision Episode 4: 29 January
- WandaVision Episode 5: 5 February
- WandaVision Episode 6: 12 February
- WandaVision Episode 7: 19 February
- WandaVision Episode 8: 26 February
- WandaVision Episode 9 (finale): 5 March
What’s WandaVision about?
Reviews so far have been pretty positive across the board, with CNN applauding the series’ celebration of the history of television while it very slowly pulls the viewer into an enticing "The Twilight Zone" -esque mystery. Be warned; the start is slow going, but it’s worth the wait.
Set after Avengers: Endgame, it follows Wanda Maximoff, aka Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision (Paul Bettany) living their best lives in an homage to 1950’s sitcom-style suburbia. As soon becomes clear, not everything is quite as it seems, with the teasers all to seemingly hint that Wanda will use her powers to construct a new reality to cope.
The BBC’s Stephen Kelly calls WandaVision the “strangest and most interesting project to come out of the MCU in years,” revealing that the sitcom style of the show is painted on thick, complete with a studio audience and black and white 4:3 aspect ratio.
The series also stars Teyonah Parris, Kathryn Hahn, Randall Park and Kat Dennings.
How do I watch Marvel's WandaVision?
In order to watch Marvel’s WandaVision, you’ll need a Disney+ subscription.
And here’s our advice on how to watch all the Marvel movies in order.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?