Lisandro López set to sign with Atlanta United
According to multiple reports the 37-year-old has reached a deal with Atlanta to join the Major League Soccer side for the 2021 season.
Atlanta United and Lisandro López are close to finalizing a one-year-deal that will see the Argentine striker join the Major League Soccer side for the 2021 season that is set to start in mid-March. According to journalist César Luis Merlo, the Five Stripes club will confirm the signing of the 37-year-old this Tuesday.
Last season Atlanta United had a hard time filling in the spot that Josef Martinez left due to an injury and the team believes the veteran striker is the man for the job. López has been a regular starter for Racing in all tournaments.
💣💣Lisandro López jugará en el #atlantaunited.⚫🔴— César Luis Merlo (@CLMerlo) January 19, 2021
📌Este martes anunciará que deja #Racing.
*️⃣Fuentes cercanas al club 🇺🇸 me confirman que ya existe un acuerdo con Licha para 🖋️ por un año. pic.twitter.com/if5XWc82vg
In the SuperLiga in Argentina he made 20 appearances, 18 as a starter, and he only missed 3 games last season. Out of those 20 games, López scored four goals and gave one assist. He had breakout seasons with Porto between 2005-2009 where he won four consecutive league titles.
Throughout his career, López has tallied 210 league goals and has seven caps for the Argentina national team where he was able to score once. Atlanta United had a bad 2020 MLS season and in 23 games they were only able to score 13 goals, so they hope to have Josef Martinez back in the starting XI and López as a good backup coming off the bench.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?