Sports activities in Tunisia resume with football league set to return
The Tunisian sports ministry announced the resumption of all sport-related activities starting next Saturday.
The Tunisian Ministry of Sports announced in a statement on Tuesday that all sports activities in the country can be resumed starting next Saturday, including the Tunisian football league stressing that all precautionary measures and protocols have to be followed as dictated by the health authorities.
The ministry earlier announced the suspension of all sports-related activities between 14 and 24 January due to the surging covid-19 numbers, calling off all meetings that were scheduled to be held during that period.
The Tunisian Football Federation announced the resumption of the 2020-2021 league season as of Saturday as the ninth round of games are set to be held on two consecutive days.
Games to be played on Saturday:
US Monastir vs. Olympique Béja
ES Métlaoui vs. US Tataouine
CA Bizertin vs. CS Sfaxien
Espérance Sportive vs. Stade Tunisien
The ninth matchday fixtures will be completed on Sunday with the following games set to be played:
US Ben Guerdane vs. JS Kairouan
AS Soliman vs. Club Africain
Étoile Sportive du Sahel vs. AS Rejiche
Coronavirus in Tunisia:
Tunisia has witnessed over 180,000 covid-19 cases since the start of the pandemic with a significant surge in figures over the past few weeks. More than 133,000 have fully recovered while nearly 5,800 people have died because of the virus.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How does the salary cap of NBA teams work? Trades, extensions, minimum veteran salary
- MLB Houston Astros take Game 1 over Boston Red Sox in ALCS
- OTHER SPORTS Canelo vs Plant fight: odds, prediction, dates, times
- US NEWS Why are there food shortages and a global supply chain crisis?
- US NEWS How much does it cost to be a space tourist?
- US NEWS Why are John Deere workers striking?