Sergiño Dest doubtful to play against Cornella
The US international was substituted before the second half against Athletic Bilbao due to an apparent injury that could stop him playing on Thursday.
FC Barcelona lost the Spanish Super Cup against Athletic Bilbao 3-2 on over-time on 17 January being the first upset of the season. Now they will have to switch the chip quickly because on Thursday 21 January they have to play against Cornella in the Round of 16 of the Copa del Rey.
Multiple reports inform that Sergiño Dest might miss Thursday’s match due to a muscle injury he picked up in the final against Bilbao. The United States international was replaced by Óscar Migueza prior to the beginning of the second half.
He has been doing some light training ahead of the clash against Cornella, but head coach Ronald Koeman will decide if he's fit to play. Sergiño Dest arrived at FC Barcelona last summer and he took over the starting right-back role since early on in the season.
The United States international has 21 appearances in all competitions, scoring one goal and giving one assist. He started picking up more minutes earlier in the season because Sergi Roberto and Gerard Pique suffered serious injuries and therefore have been out of action since then.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up