SOCIAL MEDIA NEWS
What does YouTube BHM mean? The new logo explained
Did you noticed something different on YouTube when you opened it up today? As of 1 February, the company changed its logo for the month. Here's why...
There was a new look to the YouTube logo on Monday 1 February 2021 and many people immediately wondered why. It didn't take long, however, to realise what the change was for.
BHM comes to YouTube
To coincide with Black History Month 2021 in the USA and Canada, YouTube added three letters to its normal logo: BHM. The letters are in bold orange, red and blue colours and they will be there for the 28 days of this month as part of the company's celebration of black culture and excellence.
If you live elsewhere in the world, you will not have seen the change - as Black History Month is celebrated at different times of the year in other countries - but there is plenty of material for everyone to enjoy on the platform.
YouTube BHM logo: who was behind it?
As you can see in the below video, Brazilian artist Leandro Assis was the one who created the new logo as well as the banner for celebrating this month, and he explains more about his inspiration for it.
Assis has previously worked with other huge brands including the likes of Apple, Disney and sports outlet Nike. His use of bold colours and lettering come hand and hand with his works.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 MLS SEASON Inter Miami: 2021 MLS regular-season schedule
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo missing for Juventus' trip to Atalanta
- QATAR 2022 Tim Cahill, aiming for success in new Aspire Academy role
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey winners list: who has lifted the most Copas?
- BASEBALL Dodgers blow as Cody Bellinger suffers hairline fracture in left fibula
- NBA Simmons backs Embiid for MVP: "I don't know how to stop him!"