The Supreme Committee congratulate Xavi on his recent birthday
The former FC Barcelona midfield general current Al Saad head coach turned 41 years of age on 25 January with the SC anxious to send their best wishes.
The Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy (SC) (the organising body responsible for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar) took to social media to congratulate Xavi Hernandez recently.
“Best wishes to our ambassador and coach of Al Sadd SC, ex-star of Barcelona and the Spanish team Xavi Hernández on his birthday”.
After calling time on his career with Barcelona and the Spanish national side, Xavi decided on a move to play with QSL (Qatar Stars League) side Al Sadd SC. Now head coach of the side, Xavi's Al Saad side are cruising to secure the domestic Qatari League title which will be the Catalan coach's first on the bench with the Doha based side as Al Saad lead nearest rival Al Duhail by 13 points.
The Catalan was the first World Cup 2022 ambassador named by the SC with other leading names from the game sich Cafu, Samuel Etoo, and Tim Cahil joining the ranks and Xavi holds this role for the first World Cup to be held in the Middle East.
The Terrassa born has also played a considerable role with Generation Amazing initiatives, a solidarity platform for the development of the game of football in Qatar.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Alexander-Arnold signs long-term extension with Liverpool
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TRACK AND FIELD How many olympic medals has Allyson Felix won in her career?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT 2(4)-2(2) Netherlands summary: score, goals, highlights | Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes