SUPER BOWL LV 2021
What covid-19 restrictions will there be for Super Bowl LV 2021?
It will be a climax of the NFL season unlike any other, as the coronavirus pandemic continues to cause pain and hardship for millions, but as sport tries to maintain some aspect of normality.
This 2021 Super Bowl is the 55th in the competition’s history. It will be played at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida on 7 February 2021. It will be played between the two winners of the respective Conference Finals - the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Kansas City Chiefs - and the prize on offer is the Vince Lombardi trophy.
Despite all these fundamentals being in place, however, there is going to be one fundamental difference between this showpiece final and those that have come before. The fans.
Super Bowl LV: covid-19 restrictions
There is certainly no lack of interest from supporters of the Chiefs and Bucs, as well as NFL fans across the nation and the globe, but the number allowed inside the Tampa home stadium is to be significantly reduced as part of the health protocol surrounding the current coronavirus pandemic. We will, unsurprisingly witness the lowest attendance in Super Bowl history.
Super Bowl LV news:
- Mahomes vs Brady: how the Chiefs QB can narrow the gap
- How are Super Bowl cities selected?
- Tom Brady's numbers worth three Hall of Fame spots
- How many Super Bowls have the Buccaneers played & won?
- Buccaneers beat Packers to reach Super Bowl LV
- Tom Brady is one step ahead of everything” - Steve Spagnuolo
The good thing, we should remember, is that for some time there was a belief that the venue would be devoid of supporters altogether. So the fact that around 22,000 people - just short of a third of the capacity - will be there is something to be appreciated, and will add to the occasion. As well as about 14,500 screaming fans that have paid for tickets, there will also be 7,500 healthcare workers who have been handed free passes by the league as a thank you for their incredible efforts over the past year, efforts that, unfortunately, will have to continue for months to come. Those front line workers will all have received the covid-19 vaccination and the majority come from Tampa and the surrounding area.
Guidance to those coming is stated as follows on the official NFL website:
"Your health and safety, along with that of our players, coaches, and staff is – and has always been – priority number one. As NFL fans, we're all in this together when it comes to taking on the common opponent covid-19. Together we help protect each other – it takes all of us!
"To that end, we have partnered with state and local officials along with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to develop some new protocols to help maximize your confidence, safety and comfort in coming to Raymond James Stadium and enjoying a seamless experience from the parking lot and turnstiles to concourses and ultimately, your seats."
Four local healthcare heroes were under the impression they would not be attending #SBLV... until now.— Tampa Bay Buccaneers (@Buccaneers) February 1, 2021
Super Bowl LV: keeping your distance
Once inside the Raymond James Stadium you will see that the front few rows of seats closest to the field are closed off to ensure the players and the athletes are kept a good distance apart. will be closed off to create distance between fans and players. Supporters will also have plenty of individual space with stadium seats blocked off.
When buying a ticket, attendees have to confirm that the following aspects are true for them and their guests upon arrival on the 7 February, and if not they will not turn up:
- Within the last 14 days, ticketholders have not tested positive for, or been exposed to, covid-19
- Within the last 48 hours, ticketholders have not experienced symptoms of covid-19 (e.g., fever of 100.4⁰ F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, or any other symptoms associated with covid-19 identified by the CDC)
- Within the last 14 days, ticketholders have not travelled to any state or international territory identified by federal or applicable local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to covid-19.
While we're so excited to have Super Bowl LV in Tampa Bay, health + safety remain our top priority! Please continue using safety measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. There is more information from @TampaBayLV Host Committee here 👉https://t.co/gIxc7rMMeX pic.twitter.com/trHciZaE0B— St. Petersburg, FL (@StPeteFL) February 1, 2021
Super Bowl LV: don’t come advice for high risk
The CDC has issued guidance to older adults and people who have serious underlying medical conditions that they would be best not to come to the game, disappointing as that may be. With those people at higher risk of severe illness from covid-19, they are asked to consider the risk to themselves.
Ticketholders must also agree to follow the physical distancing guidelines and processes set up, and confirm that they will not sell or transfer game tickets to anyone other than family members with whom they have been sheltering or other trusted acquaintances. The alternative is if they are selling or transferring all game tickets (e.g. the full pod of tickets) in a single transaction.
The #SuperBowl will look very different this year.@RJStadium will host Sunday's big game between the @Chiefs & the @Buccaneers, but because of #COVID, the stadium will be more than half empty.@jamieyuccas shows us how the @NFL is getting creative for #SBLV. pic.twitter.com/1qO6IMDt9M— CBS This Morning (@CBSThisMorning) February 1, 2021
Super Bowl LV: find out more
For the most up-to-date Super Bowl LV news, including all the event information, download and register for the NFL OnePass app at NFL.com/OnePass. Here at AS English we’ll continue to bring you all the latest news, opinion and points of interest in our daily blog as we build up to the big day.
Te recomendamos en Nfl
- MLS LAFC back-to-back road victories after win over Austin FC
- GOLD CUP Will there be fans at the Gold Cup? What are the Covid-19 restrictions?
- Euro 2020 Golden Boot standings: who are the top scorers?
- PSG Ramos speaks after PSG make signing official
- UFC When was Conor McGregor's last UFC fight, and what was the result?
- UFC What were the results of McGregor vs Poirier 1 and 2?