Real Sociedad-Man United UEL tie to be staged in Turin
The San Sebastian based side's home clash with Manchester United will take place in the Allianz Stadium (Turin) due to travel restrictions in place in Spain.
Everything points to Real Sociedad's Europa League first leg tie against Manchester United being staged in the Italian city of Turin after it was confirmed by the club that ongoing restrictions on visitors and travel from the UK to Spain will ensure the game cannot be played in San Sebastian.
The club have agreed the venue with UEFA and are now in talks with the Italian government about using the Allianz Stadium in Turin and confirmed on Monday that the Reale Arena would not be the venue for the UEFA Europa League clash against Manchester United scheduled for 18 February.
The Basque outfit stated: “Despite attempts to stage the game at the Reale Arena, the current restriction on flights arriving to Spain from the United Kingdom, which is in place currently through to 16 February and the possibility of those restrictions being extended forced the club to look for an alternative venue for the game".
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher