Hirving Lozano could miss several games due to injury
Napoli have confirmed that the Mexican winger and their goalkeeper David Ospina suffered muscle injuries during the 1-0 win over Juventus this weekend.
Napoli took the three points against Juventus on matchday 22 of Serie A with a single goal from Lorenzo Insigne in the 31st minute of the match. With this result they climb up to fifth place and they are only two points behind the ‘Old Lady.’
Unfortunately, two of Napoli’s players had to be replaced during the game due to muscle injuries. On Monday the Serie A club announced that Hirving Lozano could be sidelined for at least three weeks and he has been a key player for them this season. The 25-year-old has scored 13 goals in all competitions.
📌 PARTE MÉDICO— Oficial SSC Napoli (@sscnapoliES) February 15, 2021
🇲🇽 @HirvingLozano70, distensión de segundo grado en el tendón de la corva derecho.
🇨🇴 @D_Ospina1, distensión de primer grado en el aductor del muslo derecho.#ForzaNapoliSempre 💙 pic.twitter.com/t3xcAegKK4
The Serie A side also confirmed that their starting goalkeeper David Ospina pulled a right thigh muscle during the warm-up for the game against Juventus and he could be out for at least two weeks. Ospina would miss several Serie A and UEFA Europa League matches this month.
The medical staff is already doing several tests on both players but injuries have been a problem for Napoli this season. Ospina and Lozano join Dries Mertens, Kalidou Koulibaly, Kostas Manolas, Diego Demme, Elseid Hysaj and Faouzi Ghoulam on the injury list.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos at NFL Draft 2021: Which players could they pick?
- UFC Dana White wants UFC to return to Mexico
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN IRS $3,000 child tax credit: when will the monthly payments begin?
- EARTH DAY 2021 What is the Earth Day and why it's celebrated today?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the IRS send supplemental payments to 2020 tax filers?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: what entities are pressuring Biden to make a new payment?