Nico Benedetti is set to return against Atlas
Between injuries and covid-19, the Colombian has only played nine minutes of the 2021 Guardians with Club América.
Injuries have prevented Nicolas Benedetti from adapting fully to Club América since arriving on 30 January 2019. The Colombian midfielder has played a total of 10 Liga MX games (530 minutes), scoring 1 goal and giving 2 assists with the Eagles.
Benedetti has only played nine minutes
Benedetti missed the first match of the 2021 Guardianes tournament against San Luis because he was yet to reach full-fitness. For matchday two he returned to the squad but only played nine minutes in the 1-0 loss against Monterrey.
When he seemed to be ready to return to the starting XI and become a key player for new head coach Santiago Solari, he tested positive for coronavirus and missed the next two games against FC Juárez and Santos Laguna.
Having finally recovered from covid-19, Club América’s medical staff announced that Benedetti had suffered a muscle injury and he was not included in the roster that defeated Puebla and Querétero.
Benedetti rejoined the rest of the team this week in practice and he should be included in the squad that will visit Atlas on 20 February for matchday 7. Another player that is expected to return later in the tournament is Bruno Valdez who suffered a knee injury in August 2020. The Paraguayan defender is expected to recover in two or three months.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands