Santiago Solari is demonstrating that first-year managers adapt well to the Liga MX
In the past, foreign managers that arrived for the first time to the Liga MX didn’t have much success in their first season, but Solari has Club Américai in second place.
Club América didn’t win any trophies in 2020 and the bosses decided to part way with Miguel Herrera before the beginning of the 2021 Guardianes tournament. In January, Santiago Solary was appointed as the new manager and he is demonstrating that foreign coaches can adapt quickly to the Liga MX.
The Eagles are in second place tied in points (13) with first place Toluca and they have a record of 4-1-1 under Santiago Solari. Club América has scored eight goals and conceded four in six games this tournament. The percentage of effectiveness that Solari has right now is 72.2.
Club América is the most successful and most decorated club in the history of Mexican football. They have won a total of 13 league titles, 6 Copa MX and 6 Campeón de Campeones. No other team in the Liga MX has more league or cup titles than the Eagles.
Also América have won 10 international titles, the most for a team in CONCACAF. They have won 7 Champions League, 2 Copa Interamericana and 1 CONCACAF Giants Cup. But they haven’t won a title since the 2019 Clausura Copa MX and that cost Miguel Herrera his job. So Solari needs to win something with the Eagles in order for him to prolong his stay in Mexican soccer.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands