Santiago Solari is demonstrating that first-year managers adapt well to the Liga MX
In the past, foreign managers that arrived for the first time to the Liga MX didn’t have much success in their first season, but Solari has Club Américai in second place.
Club América didn’t win any trophies in 2020 and the bosses decided to part way with Miguel Herrera before the beginning of the 2021 Guardianes tournament. In January, Santiago Solary was appointed as the new manager and he is demonstrating that foreign coaches can adapt quickly to the Liga MX.
The Eagles are in second place tied in points (13) with first place Toluca and they have a record of 4-1-1 under Santiago Solari. Club América has scored eight goals and conceded four in six games this tournament. The percentage of effectiveness that Solari has right now is 72.2.
Club América is the most successful and most decorated club in the history of Mexican football. They have won a total of 13 league titles, 6 Copa MX and 6 Campeón de Campeones. No other team in the Liga MX has more league or cup titles than the Eagles.
Also América have won 10 international titles, the most for a team in CONCACAF. They have won 7 Champions League, 2 Copa Interamericana and 1 CONCACAF Giants Cup. But they haven’t won a title since the 2019 Clausura Copa MX and that cost Miguel Herrera his job. So Solari needs to win something with the Eagles in order for him to prolong his stay in Mexican soccer.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth