Klopp: "Salah not getting enough credit is unexplainable"
Liverpool's manager praised the Egyptian's contribution to the team's success and feels Salah isn't getting enough credit for what he is doing.
Liverpool's manager Jürgen Klopp faced the media ahead of tomorrow's derby clash with Everton and praised Mohamed Salah - adding that the Egyptian deserves more credit for what he has been doing for the team.
However, Klopp stressed that at Anfield, there is nothing but respect and appreciation for Salah. "You don't have to ask me why or if he doesn't get the credit. Would be unexplainable why he doesn't get the credit. He does here for sure" the 53-year-old coach said.
Klopp went on to laud the performance delivered by Salah in the team's last champions league fixture against RB Leipzig - a 2-0 victory with goals from Salah and Sadio Mané, adding that Salah did a wonderful job on all levels in that game not only in terms of scoring.
"One of my favorite situations was when he won a header in our box late on with Angeliño waiting. He gets all the respect from us."
Salah took his goal tally to 24 goals in all competitions as he sits top of the premier league top scorers table with 17 goals.
Liverpool host Everton in the Merseyside derby on Saturday in Week 25 of the league.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises