Ronaldinho's mother passes away
Ronaldinho's mother Miguelina Elói Assis dos Santos died this weekend aged 71. She had been battling Covid-19 in hospital in Brazil since December.
Ronaldinho's mother, Miguelina Elói Assis dos Santos passed away in Brazil on Saturday due to complications arising from Covid-19, local media report.
The former Barcelona player's mother was admitted to Mãe de Deus Hospital in Porto Alegre in December after contracting coronavirus. Brazil, which has suffered over 10 million positive cases of the Covid-19 virus and more than 245,000 deaths, is one of the worst affected countries during the pandemic. Atlético Mineiro, one of several clubs closely connected to Ronaldinho, were one of the first to offer their condolences.
Clube está de luto pela morte de dona Miguelina: https://t.co/5QAiPYpLag— Atlético 😷 (@Atletico) February 21, 2021
É com enorme tristeza, que o Clube Atlético Mineiro recebe a notícia do falecimento de Dona Miguelina, mãe de @10Ronaldinho. pic.twitter.com/8pEnMuFfkP
It was Ronaldinho who disclosed that his mother had been taken to hospital before Christmas. "Dear friends, my mother has covid-19 and we are fighting so that she recovers soon. She is in intensive care, receiving the best possible treatment. I would like to thank everyone in advance for all of the positive energy you always send. With love. Stay strong Mum", he posted on social media. After a couple of months fighting the virus, sadly, Ronaldinho's mother was unable to win her battle. RIP.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant