Sergiño Dest returned to the starting lineup for a second game in a row
The United States international was substituted in the 4-1 loss against PSG during the week and he returned to the starting lineup in the 1-1 draw against Cadíz.
After recovering from a muscular problem, Sergiño Dest played 18 minutes on matchday 23 of LaLiga last week in FC Barcelona’s 5-1 victory against Alavés. The next match for FC Barcelona was mid-week against PSG for the UEFA Champions League and the United States international returned to the starting lineup for the first leg of the round of 16.
Dest couldn’t control Kylian Mbappé and the manager Ronald Koeman decided to sub him out in the 71st minute. He was criticized for his performance and after the 4-1 loss against PSG, Koeman said that Dest will reach his top form in five years.
Barça had to turn the page quickly because on Sunday they had a league game against Cadíz and they needed the three points to close the gap with Atlético Madrid who is in first place. Dest returned to the starting XI for the second game in a row, but again he was substituted for Oscar Mingueza in the 80th minute.
Barcelona gave a penalty kick in stoppage time and Cadíz was able to equalize the game and rescue a vital point for them. This result doesn’t help Barça close the gap with Atlético Madrid and they remain in third place with 47 points and a record 14-5-4. According to SofaScore, the United States international made four key passes against Cadíz and completed 89 percent of the passes.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Orlando City terminate Jonathan Suárez's contract
- BARCELONA Barçagate: Which Barcelona players were affected by the I3 Ventures social media posts?
- SERIE A Pirlo: Juventus haven't given up hope of winning Serie A
- Qatar 2022 Al Thumama stadium nearly ready for FIFA World Cup 2022
- NBA LeBron James talks Lakers' rhythm without Anthony Davis
- NBA Curry on losing to LeBron: Teams remember the past six years and want to beat us bad!