NBA All-Star Game 2021: Suns' Booker replaces injured Davis
Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker has been named as LA Lakers star Anthony Davis' replacement in the 2021 NBA All-Star Game.
Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker will step in to replace injured Los Angeles Laker, Anthony Davis, in the 2021 NBA All-Star Game.
All-Stars 2021: Davis out, Booker in
Davis is suffering from Achilles tendinosis and a strained right calf, leading to commissioner Adam Silver to choose Booker as an alternate, one day after he was overlooked by league head coaches.
Booker joins Suns team-mate Chris Paul as a 2021 All-Star, earning his second selection after making his debut last season.
The duo have led Phoenix to the fourth-best record in the competition, 20-10, setting their team's best record through 30 games in the past 13 years.
The All-Star captains, Lakers superstar LeBron James and Brooklyn Nets ace Kevin Durant, will draft their rosters on 4 March for the game at State Farm Arena, Atlanta, on 7 March.
Seventeen-time All-Star James had tweeted: "Devin Booker is the most disrespected player in our league!!! Simple as that," after Booker was snubbed from the All-Star reserves list.
Devin Booker is the most disrespected player in our league!!! Simple as that.— LeBron James (@KingJames) February 24, 2021
Booker is averaging 24.7 points, 4.3 assists and 3.8 rebounds during the 2020-21 season and has dropped a career-high 50.1 per cent of his field-goal attempts.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"