Orlando City drops Jonathan Suárez ahead of 2021 season
The Major League Soccer franchise has decided to terminate the contract of Jonathan Suárez after his arrest over accusations of rape.
Jonathan Suárez and his brother Rafael Suárez were arrested on Tuesday night and taken to the Osceola County jail for allegedly raping a woman in their Kissimmee apartment. According to the report, the incident occurred on Sunday and the judge has set bond at $20,000.
Suárez joined Orlando City SC on loan earlier this year and was included in the roster that will start pre-season in the next few days, but in the wake of his arrest, the Major League Soccer franchise has parted company with the defender.
Orlando City SC, Major League Soccer Dissolve Contract with Jonathan Suárez. pic.twitter.com/rvS2J2jNZX— Orlando City SC (@OrlandoCitySC) February 28, 2021
“Orlando City FC and Major League Soccer have terminated the contract of Jonathan Suárez, with the defender mutually agreeing to the termination in order to focus on the allegations made against him,” the team said in a statement.
After the investigation it was confirmed that Jonathan Suárez and his brother were booked into Osceola County and he is facing up to 15 years in jail. Inter Miami is entering its second season in MLS and its first game will be in mid-April.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots