Pedri makes Barça cup squad but Araújo ruled out
Ronald Koeman can count on the Canary Islander for the Copa del Rey semi-final second leg against Sevilla with central defender Araújo ruled out.
The focus for FC Barcelona after a torrid time for the club off the pitch, now turns to events on the field of play as Ronald Koeman's side face Sevilla in the second leg of the 2020/21 Copa del Rey semi-final with the Catalan side trailing 2-0 from the first leg.
There was good news and bad news for Culès with Pedri back in the squad after sustaining a hamstring strain in the 0-2 LaLiga win against Lopetegui's men on Saturday. The bad news is the absence of central defender Ronald Araújo, with the Uruguayan still suffering from the knock on the ankle during the same game. After two days of intense physiotherapy, club medics made the decision not to risk the player with a cortisone injection ahead of the game also ruled out as a final measure.
Suffering with an ankle problem too is Miralem Pjanic who misses the cut along with long term absentees Ansu Fati, Philippe Coutinho and Sergi Roberto. Barça B players Ilaix Moriba, Iñaki Peña and Óscar Mingueza are included in the squad for the game that is set to commence at Camp Nou with a 21:00 CET start.
FC Barcelona squad (Copa del Rey vs Sevilla)
Ter Stegen, Neto, Dest, Junior, Lenglet, Piqué, Alba, Umtiti, De Jong, Busquets, Pedri, Riqui Puig, Griezmann, Braithwaite, Dembélé, Messi, Trincao, Peña, Ilaix and Mingueza.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan