CF Montréal appoint Wilfried Nancy as their manager
Thierry Henry decided to leave CF Montréal due to personal reasons ahead of the 2021 Major League Season, and the franchise appointed a new manager on Monday.
Last month Thierry Henry decided to step down as manager of CF Montréal for family reasons. The Frenchman chose to return to London to be close to his family after being apart for almost a year due to the coronavirus pandemic and the flying restrictions between countries.
New boss in town
The Major League Franchise started a search to replace Henry and after weeks of looking they have found their right man for the job. CF Montréal confirmed on Monday that Wilfried Nancy will manage the team for the 2021 Major League Soccer season that is set to start on 17 April. Nancy has been the first-team assistant coach since 2016 and worked with Henry for two seasons.
“We are very happy to announce Wilfried as our head coach today,” CF Montréal sporting director Olivier Renard said in a statement. “After Thierry left, we decided to trust him and give him the opportunity to continue the work we started last season, with the same vision. It is also part of the club’s philosophy to consider and promote our own, as we did in the past for Jules Gueguen (fitness coach) and Maxime Chalier (video analyst).”
Nancy has worked at the club for a decade. Prior to being appointed as the assistant coach, he managed the U18 team from 2011 to 2013, moved up to the U21 team one year later and then took charge of the U16 team from 2014 to 2015.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check Update: what's the situation in every state?
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- US NEWS Camera crew walk-off in the hours before Alec Baldwin fatally shot Halyna Hutchins
- US NEWS What states saw the highest number of workers quit this summer?