Real Madrid eye Mutilva to add to Raúl's Castilla stable of stars
According to reports in Spain, Real Madrid are keeping a close eye on Osasuna's versatile 17-year-old Christian Mutilva, who is also of interest in the Premier League.
Real Madrid are looking to continue their policy of stocking up on the most exciting youth players on offer, while planning for a future when veterans like Sergio Ramos, Luka Modric and Karim Benzema are no longer patrolling the Bernabéu turf. But whereas Madrid’s recent forays into the market to snap up prospects have been largely concentrated on Latin America, the club’s scouts have not been afforded quite as exotic a trip to keep an eye on the latest potential recruit, Osasuna’s Christian Mutilva.
The 17-year-old is considered one of the most promising players in Spain and can play either in defence, at the base of midfield, as a winger or a forward. Still playing in the youth categories at Osasuna, albeit at a higher age level than his peers, Mutilva nonetheless has a release clause of €1.5 million, which will rise to €3m when he makes his debut for the reserve side and €8m when he turns out for the first team.
Real Madrid scouts camped out at Osasuna
According to Bilbao-based daily El Correo, Madrid’s scouts have been watching Mutilva throughout the 2020-21 season, as have clubs in the Premier League. Standing 1.9m tall, Mutilva is a natural left-footer but comfortable on his right as well and he is being fast-tracked through the Osasuna academy.
The player joined Osasuna from CD Pamplona in 2019 and the Primera club recently extended his contract until the end of the current season with the option of an additional two years.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth