Miguel Herrera thinks Club América will be too strong for Chivas
Chivas and Club América will face each other for the first time this year at the Akron stadium for matchday 11 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament.
Mexico’s biggest football rivalry will take place on Sunday in Guadalajara, Mexico for the first time this year and twelve thousand fans are allowed to attend the Akron stadium to witness the ‘El Super Clásico.’ Club América go into the game as the big favorites - they are in second place after 10 games, while Chivas is in tenth with a record of 2-6-2.
The ‘Eagles’ will demolish Chivas
Miguel Herrera has managed Club América twice in his career and he was sacked in December as he failed to win any trophies in the second semester of the year. The Mexican manager knows what it is like to play this type of games and how to win them and when asked about the result on Sunday, he said the Eagles will demolish the team from Guadalajara.
“Club América is favorite to win the first ‘El Super Clásico’ and win the three points. If you ask me I think that they will demolish Chivas by a lot on Sunday,” said Herrera during an interview with ESPN.
A defeat against the ‘Eagles’ on matchday 11 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament will put Chivas in a tough position as they are making a late push to qualify for the playoffs this season. After the clash against América, there will only be six games left of the regular season to play and they will have a hard time clinching a spot if they are not able to obtain three points on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?