David Beckham aims to convince Marcelo to join Inter Miami
According to France Football, the co-owner of the Major League Soccer franchise has approached the Real Madrid defender to join his team this summer.
Marcelo arrived at Real Madrid on 1 January 2007 and he has won it all with the LaLiga side, including three consecutive UEFA Champions Leagues. He was considered one of the best left-backs in the world for many years, but this season he has adopted a secondary role at Real Madrid with his contract expiring on 30 June 2022.
Inter Miami a possible destination
According to France Football, co-owner of Inter Miami CF, David Beckham, has approached Marcelo in a bid to convince him to make the move to Major League Soccer this summer. The situation at Madrid is not ideal for the veteran Brazilean given he has not played a game in over a month.
This season Marcelo has only made eight LaLiga appearances, starting seven and coming on as a substitute in one. He has four assists under his name across all competitions and according to the report, Marcelo has not made up his mind about making the move and continuing his career in MLS.
Given the lack of talks about renewing his contract with Real Madrid, the club need to sell him this summer if they don’t want to let him go next year on a free transfer. According to transfermarkt, Inter Miami would likely have to pay in the region of $11 million for Marcelo.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?