Gonzalo Higuaín could retire at Inter Miami CF
The father of the Argentinian striker said that his son is fully committed to Inter Miami CF and he wants to lead the team to MLS Cup glory.
Gonzalo Higuaín joined Inter Miami CF in September 2020 and his contract expires in December of 2022. The 33-year-old became the highest paid player last season earning $7.5 million with the striker just scoring one goal and providing two assists in 9 Major League Soccer appearances in his first year at Miami.
He helped the team reach the playoffs in their debut MLS season, but were subsequently eliminated in the first round. Last season didn’t meet David Beckham’s MLS expectations on the pitch so he decided to part ways with manager Diego Alonso and signed Phil Neville for their sophomore year. The team already started their pre-season ahead of their home opener in 18 April.
‘Pipita’ to retire in MLS
Higuaín’s dad, Jorge, was interviewed by TNT Sports prior to the beginning of the 2021 MLS season and he said that his son decided to join Inter Miami because he didn’t want to play in Europe anymore.
“His compromise with Inter Miami is real and he doesn’t want to play for any other team. He is very happy with the lifestyle he has in the United States and his goal is to win the MLS Cup. I think my son [Gonzalo] will retire at Inter Miami,” said Jorge Higuaín.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo