Fans to return for Copa del Rey finals, according to reports
Supporters will be able to attend the rescheduled Spain's Copa del Rey final next month between Real Sociedad and Athletic Club, Cadena Ser reports.
Supporters will be able to attend the rescheduled 2019/2020 Copa del Rey final next month between Real Sociedad and Athletic Club, radio station Cadena SER reported on Wednesday.
Two Copa del Rey finals in April
The report said Seville's La Cartuja stadium, which holds 60,000 spectators, will be at between 20% and 25% capacity for last season's rescheduled final on 3 April and this season's showpiece between Barcelona and Athletic a fortnight later on 17 April. The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) declined to comment on the report but said it was holding a meeting with Athletic and Real Sociedad on Thursday to make arrangements for the final, with the prospect of fan attendance to be discussed.
Spectators have been barred from elite Spanish soccer matches since March 2020 because of the Covid-19 pandemic, which led to Athletic and Real Sociedad agreeing to postpone last season's final by a year so fans could attend. The two Basque sides have never before met in a Copa del Rey final and even agreed to surrender potential qualification for this season's Europa League so that the match could be played in front of their fans a year later.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother