A. J. Green signing for Cardinals after 10 years with Bengals
J.J. Watt is not the only big name to be added by the Arizona Cardinals, who have now struck a deal with A. J. Green.
Wide receiver Green, 32, has made it to seven Pro Bowls since the Bengals selected him at number four overall in 2011.
According to widespread reports, he is poised to join the Cardinals on a one-year deal worth up to $8.5million.
Green has been one of the NFL's top wide receivers over the course of his career and is second in Bengals history for catches (649), receiving yards (9,430) and receiving touchdowns (65), behind only Chad Johnson in all categories.
His threat has diminished somewhat of late, though, with his last Pro Bowl appearance coming in 2017.
Green had 47 catches for 523 yards and two touchdowns in 2020, playing in every game after missing the entire 2019 campaign through a serious ankle injury.
The Cardinals are hoping some key veteran additions to join promising young quarterback Kyler Murray can power them to a Super Bowl run.
Green joins a receiving corps that contains five-time All-Pro DeAndre Hopkins and, if he opts to continue playing, Larry Fitzgerald.
They also signed three-time Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt on a two-year, $28m pact following his Houston Texans departure.
After a promising start, the Cardinals slowed to finish last season at 8-8 and have not had a winning record at the end of a campaign since reaching the NFC Championship Game in 2015.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong