Chris Pulisic makes history with Chelsea in the Champions League
The United States international came into the game against Atlético Madrid with 15 minutes to play and he assisted Emerson to seal Chelsea’s ticket to the next round.
Christian Pulisic became an important player for Chelsea towards the end of last season, but in his second year at Stamford Bridge he is having a hard time earning a starting role. Since Thomas Tuchel took over the manager's job, the United States international has only started twice across all competitions in the last 13 games.
Chelsea defeated Atlético Madrid 2-0 in the second leg of the round of 16 of the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday at Stamford Bridge. Pulisic came on in the second half with 15 minutes to play and he gave an assist to Emerson to seal Chelsea’s ticket to the quarter-finals of the Champions League.
Another record for Pulisic
The United States international now has 31 Champions League appearances and a total of three goals and six assists with Chelsea and Borussia Dortmund. He has also become the first American player to reach 10 career goals and assists in the UEFA Champions League.
👀 Here's @cpulisic_10's assist to Emerson close out @ChelseaFC's 2-0 #UCL win vs. @atletienglish.— U.S. Soccer MNT (@USMNT) March 17, 2021
Christian becomes the first 🇺🇸 men's player to reach 10 career G+A in the @ChampionsLeague (4 goals, 6 assists).
With his 15-minute performance against Atlético Madrid on Wednesday night, Tuchel might reconsider playing Pulisic off the bench. With the victory against the LaLiga side, Chelsea are now undefeated in their last 13 games and their next rival is Sheffield United on 21 March, in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?