Man City eye Ings, Juventus boss Pirlo on brink of sack - rumour has it
With Sergio Agüero seemingly on his way out of Manchester City, the Premier League club are reportedly interested in Southampton's Danny Ings.
With Sergio Agüero seemingly heading for the exit, Manchester City have been linked with Erling Haaland as Pep Guardiola seeks to bolster his attack.
However, Danny Ings has reportedly now emerged as an alternative to the expensive and in-demand Borussia Dortmund striker.
Top story: Man City target Ings
City are considering a move for Southampton star Ings, according to Sky Sports.
The Premier League leaders are reportedly among the admirers of 20-year-old sensation Haaland, who has also been linked with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain, Liverpool and Juventus.
But with the Norwegian set to command a huge fee, City are eyeing former Liverpool forward Ings as a cheaper option.
Agüero, City's all-time leading goalscorer, is out of contract at the end of the season and no closer to extending his deal in Manchester.
- Gazzetta dello Sport and Corriere dello Sport report Juventus head coach Andrea Pirlo is on the brink of being sacked. Juve are out of the Champions League and 10 points off the pace following their shock loss to Benevento. Former boss Massimiliano Allegri has been linked with a return, while La Repubblica claims Atalanta's Gian Piero Gasperini, Lazio coach Simone Inzaghi and Luciano Spalletti are on a three-man shortlist.
- Former Chelsea and Juventus boss Maurizio Sarri is Roma's number one option should they sack head coach Paulo Fonseca, says Gazzetta dello Sport. Fonseca – under pressure in the Italian capital – has also been linked with Napoli, alongside Hellas Verona's Ivan Juric. Napoli coach Gennaro Gattuso has been linked with Fiorentina, Torino and Bologna.
- Neymar re-signing with Ligue 1 holders PSG is "just a matter of time", according to Fabrizio Romano.
- Aaron Ramsey is interested in a move to Premier League champions Liverpool, according to Calciomercato. The Juventus midfielder, who left Arsenal for Turin in 2019, is seen as a possible replacement for rumoured Barça target Georginio Wijnaldum at Anfield.
- The Daily Express reports Arsenal are eyeing Barcelona misfit Philippe Coutinho. However, a move will depend on whether the Gunners sign loanee Martin Odegaard permanently from Madrid.