Sergiño Dest feels confident in his new role at Barcelona
The USMNT player is enjoying the new offensive freedom at the Camp Nou since manager Ronald Koeman decided to change his formation.
Barcelona is known to play with a 4-3-3 formation, but due to the issues they have had this season, manager Ronald Koeman decided to change it in the second part of the season. The manager has sacrificed Antoine Griezmann in the process after the 4-1 loss to Paris Saint-Germain in the first leg of the UEFA Champions League in late-February.
Since then the team from Catalunya switched to a 3-5-2 formation, which at times it changes to a 4-3-3 depending on how the game is going. Most of the players have benefitted from this change, except Antoine Griezmann who now sits on the bench and comes in as a substitute during the second half.
This change has benefited Sergiño Dest who has freedom to attack more as a right wing-back and because of the three central defenders, he has fewer defensive responsibilities. He has regained the confidence of Koeman and the United States international scored a brace in Barcelona's 6-1 victory against Real Sociedad on Sunday.
"The system is going very well for me and the team," Dest told Barca TV. "We are scoring, playing a good game and the manager has many options to choose from."
Now unbeaten in 18 LaLiga games, Barcelona sit in second place, two points ahead of Real Madrid and four behind leaders Atlético. Their next match will be against Valladolid on 5 April at Camp Nou.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds