Mexico U-23 defeats Canada U-23 in the semi finals of the Concacaf Olympic Qualifiers
Uriel Antuna and Johan Vasquez scored for 'El Tri' in the semi final against Canada to book an automatic ticket to the Tokyo Olympics.
The Mexico Under-23 national team became the second Concacaf team to qualify to the Olympics. ‘El Tri’ defeated Canada 2-0 in the semi finals of the Olympic qualifiers on Sunday at the Jalisco stadium. Uriel Antuna and Johan Vasquez scored for Mexico to give them the ticket to the 2020 Tokyo summer Olympics.
The Mexico U23 national team will play against Honduras on Tuesday for the final of the Concacaf Olympic qualifiers. ‘El Tri’ has yet to lose a game in this tournament and they want to finish the tournament undefeated to give them that confidence boost ahead of the start of the Olympics.
On Sunday, Uriel Antuna was the most important man and he has scored in consecutive matches for Mexico U23. The Chivas player scored the winning goal against the United States U23 men’s national team in the last game of the group stage on 24 March.
Mexico is undefeated so far
Mexico Under-23 started the tournament by defeating Dominican Republic 4-1 then beat Costa Rica 3-0 and ended the group stage with a 1-0 victory against the United States. ‘El Tri’s’ top scorers are Uriel Antuna and Sebastian Cordova, who have scored three goals in 4 appearances during this tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher