‘Tecatito’ Corona wants to play with Mexico in the summer Olympics
The 28-year-old play-maker expressed his desire of being included in the roster for the Mexico youth national team that will participate in the summer Olympics.
The Under-23 Mexico national team defeated Canada on Sunday in the semifinals of the CONCACAF Olympic qualifiers. With that result they have secured their ticket to the 2020 summer Olympics and today, Tuesday, they will play Honduras, who will also be in Tokyo, in the final at the Jalisco stadium in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Each team can call three players above the age of 23-years-old and so far the Mexico youth national team coach Jaime Lozano has not announced the final roster for the Olympic tournament. But Jesús ‘Tecatito’ Corona has expressed his desire to join the national team in Tokyo this summer.
Tecatito: “It would be a dream”
“I would like to play in the Olympic tournament with Mexico. To be honest it has always been a goal of mine since I couldn’t make it in 2016. Since then it has always been in the back of my head and my dream is to play in the Olympics,” said ‘Tecatito’ during an interview with Azteca Deportes.
It would be difficult for the 28-year-old to go to the Olympics if he receives the call, because the clubs are not obligated to release their players since it is not a FIFA event. He currently is under contract with Porto, but according to several reports, Chelsea will make a bid for the Mexican international this summer and that could complicate things.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?