How many Copa del Rey titles have Real Sociedad won?
Real Sociedad won the 2019/20 Copa del Rey final, beating rivals Athletic thanks to Mikel Oyarzabal’s second half penalty. It's the club's third Copa del Rey success.
Real Sociedad won their third ever Copa del Rey title on Saturday, beating Basque rivals Athletic Club 1-0. The last time la Real claimed the coveted Copa trophy was in 1987. The first was in 1909.
List of Copa del Rey winners
The 2019/20 final wasn't a classic. Both sets of fans had to wait a year for it after it was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic, but the all-Basque fixture didn't live up to expectations after torrential rain in Seville played its part in a dull first half. A second half goal from captain Mikel Oyarzabal from the penalty spot decided the encounter.
The club's first ever title was in 1909, against Espanyol, the second in 1987, after winning on penalties against Atlético Madrid. Barcelona have won the most Copa del Rey titles, with an impressive 30 to their name. Athletic are second on the list with 23 titles.
The 2020/21 Copa del Rey final will be played on April 17, also in Seville's La Cartuja stadium. Athletic will have the opportunity to redeem themselves as they face Barcelona.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: boxers’ predictions
- LAVER CUP 2021 Laver Cup 2021 schedule: matches, rounds, dates & times
- PREMIER LEAGUE The Man City middle muddle: Can Guardiola get it right to stop a fourth straight defeat to Chelsea?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game