El Clásico: Mateu Lahoz out for Clásico; Gil Manzano will take charge
Mateu Lahoz, the most-respected Spanish referee at international level, was due to officiate El Clásico between Real Madrid and Barcelona at the Alfredo Di Stéfano.
The RFEF confirmed on Friday morning that Gil Manzano will replace referee Mateu Lahoz to oversee El Clásico between Real Madrid and Barcelona on Saturday.
Lahoz, who took charge of Bayern Munich vs PSG on Wednesday, was officially named on Thursday as the referee of this weekend's encounter in Madrid, however due to an injury setback, he will not take charge at the Estadio Alfredo Di Stéfano.
A statement released by the RFEF read:
"The Arbitration Committee of the Professional Competition (CACP) has changed the appointment of referee Antonio Mateu Lahoz due to a muscle injury, the referee initially appointed to direct the match between Real Madrid CF - FC Barcelona on matchday 30 of the First Division.
"His replacement will be Jesús Gil Manzano."
Recommended in English
- BOXING WBC orders Tyson Fury to defend title against Dillian Whyte
- NFL How does Mac Jones' first year compare to Tom Brady's first year?
- NFL Washington's Fitzpatrick needs hip surgery, out rest of season
- NBA The NBA will restrict unvaccinated player travel
- NBA Who are the NBA's all-time leaders in triple-doubles?
- MLB Will Barry Bonds get into the MLB Hall of Fame? Why isn't he in already?