CR Belouizdad into quarter-finals as Al Hilal exit CAF Champions League
The Algerian side claimed a precious away victory over Mamelodi Sundowns, meanwhile Al Hilal see off the tournament with a loss to Mazembe.
Algerian club CR Belouizdad managed to secure the second spot in Group B of the CAF Champions League to guarantee their qualification for the tournament's quarter-finals. They snatched a 2-0 away win over group leaders Mamelodi Sundowns taking them to nine points, four behind.
CR Belouizdad delivered one of their finest displays in the competition this season with goals from Amir Sayoud and Ahmed Gasmi in the 13th and 45th minutes respectively sealing their qualification.
Meanwhile, Al Hilal, who were battling the Algerian side for the second qualifying spot in the group, went down 2-1 to their hosts Mazembe to lose their last hope of making it any further in the tournament. They dropped into fourth place in the standings with only four points, one behind their opponents.
Two more teams to complete the quarter-final line-up
CR Belouizdad are the sixth team to join the CAF Champions League quarter-final line-up with the two second-placed teams from groups C and D to be decided on Saturday.
Horoya and the Kaizer Chiefs of Group C are vying for the second quarter-final qualifying spot with both level on eight points, while MC Alger and Zamalek are hoping to follow the lead of Esperance Sportive in Group D and secure the other quarter-final place.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds