Publix Vaccine: how to sign up and get an appointment
Publix, a grocery and pharmacy chain in seven southeastern states, is offering the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccine where supplies are available.
About a quarter of the US population over 18 has now been fully vaccinated. Over half the states allow any adult over 16 to get vaccinated.
Publix Pharmacies are located in seven southeastern states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. Publix Pharmacy now administers both the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines but they are subject to availability. Each vaccine has specific designated booking opportunities throughout the week you will need to check your state.
Although some of the states where Publix serves the public have opened up vaccination to everyone 16 and older, the Moderna and Johnson & Johnosn vaccines are not approved for anyone under the age of 18. Fortunately, in every state where Publix Pharmacies are located, all 18-year-olds can sign up for an appointment where supplies exist.
The Johnson & Johnson vaccine requires only one dose, while the Moderna vaccine will require a follow-up shot 28 days after the first.
How to sign and get a covid-19 vaccination appointment at Publix?
Publix Pharmacy only allows online booking for a covid-19 vaccination appointment, people looking for an appointment cannot make one over the phone or in person. You can only schedule a maximum of four appointments.
Before starting the process, you should have ready the following information: date of birth, physical address, email address, last four digits of Social Security number, Medicare ID number (if applicable), state and county, and emergency contact name and number. In addition, you will need to be ready to answer questions about your allergies and long-term health history. Also, you will want to check the state eligibility requirements further down to see if show proof of residency is needed.
The company has a six-step process to get an appointment:
- Visit www.publix.com/covid-vaccineSelect your state
- Identify the next opportunity to book an appointment
- Wait for appointment availability on your state page
- Follow the on-screen cues and choose an appointment time and location
- Review your confirmation email.
Prior to your appointment, don’t forget to bring your driver license, and fill out the immunization consent form. For your second appointment you will need to bring your Centers for Disease Control (CDC) vaccination record card as well.
State immunization consent forms
- Alabama Immunization Consent Form
- Florida Immunization Consent Form
- Georgia Immunization Consent Form
- North Carolina Immunization Consent Form
- South Carolina Immunization Consent Form
- Tennessee Immunization Consent Form
- Virginia Immunization Consent Form
Publix Pharmacy state sites
- Publix Pharmacy: Alabama
- Publix Pharmacy: Florida
- Publix Pharmacy: Georgia
- Publix Pharmacy: North Carolina
- Publix Pharmacy: South Carolina
- Publix Pharmacy: Tennessee
- Publix Pharmacy: Virginia
Eligibility requirements by state
Every state where Publix Pharmacies are located, all 18-year-olds can sign up for an appointment where supplies exist. Some states have opened up vaccinations for individuals 16 and older, but only the Pfizer vaccine is authorized for use for the 16 and 17 age group.
The state of Georgia requires that those who receive the vaccine live or work in Georgia.
- North Carolina state website
- South Carolina state website
- Tennessee state website
- Virginia state website
Virginia will move to Phase 2 on April 18. Everyone, 16 and older, who lives or works in Virginia will be eligible to get the COVID-19 vaccine at that time.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPICS Team USA vs Spain 2021 Tokyo Olympics live updates: score, stats, highlights
- OLYMPIC GAMES How does sport climbing work at the Olympics? Rules, format and score system
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 2 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles returns for gymnastic's balance beam finals: times, TV, and how to watch 2021 Olympics
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER The USWNT will play against Australia for bronze