Sergio Ramos tests positive for Covid-19, Real Madrid confirms
Sergio Ramos is now in isolation after becoming the seventh Real Madrid player to test positive for Covid-19. The captain was not due to play Liverpool because of a calf injury.
Sergio Ramos has tested positive for Covid-19 in his latest PCR test, Real Madrid has confirmed in a brief statement published on its website.
The captain becomes the seventh Madrid player to be diagnosed with Covid-19, along with coach Zinedine Zidane. His central defensive partner Raphael Varane tested positive last week and remains in isolation.
Ramos has missed Madrid’s last three games – including last week’s important victories against Liverpool and Barcelona – due to a calf muscle injury that he picked while on duty with Spain during the most recent international break.
Ramos set to miss most of April for Real Madrid
As he was set to miss almost the entire month of April because of the calf issue, his diagnosis will not have much impact on Zidane’s plans for the upcoming games, the first of which is Liverpool in the second leg of the Champions League quarter final on Wednesday.
However now that the 35-year-old defender must isolate for the next 10 days, he will be unable to continue his recovery at Madrid’s Valdebebas training base, which could have an impact on the length of his layoff period. Though it’s too early to know for certain.
After Liverpool, Madrid face two away LaLiga fixtures against Getafe on 18 April and Cádiz on 21 April. Hopes will remain that Ramos can make his return for Madrid’s next home game against Real Betis on 24 April, amid the intense battle at the top of the table between Los Blancos, Altético Madrid and Barcelona that looks set to last until the end of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?