Galatasaray target Al Ahly's Afsha
The Turkish giants are interested in signing the Al Ahly playmaker at the end of the season, reports in Turkey suggest.
Reports in Turkey say Galatasaray intend to make an offer to sign playmaker Mohamed Magdy Afsha from African champions Al Ahly at the end of this season, in a bid to team him up with his fellow Egyptian Mostafa Mohamed, who is on loan at the Turkish side from Zamalek.
According to the Turkish newspaper "Sabah," Afsha grabbed the attention of Galatasaray's scouts when they were watching Mohamed before landing him last January, as he was integral in Al Ahly's successes last season.
Afsha could be the right man to replace Belhanda
The 25-year-old played a crucial role in his team achieving the treble last season, scoring a historic late screamer against Zamalek in the CAF Champions League final to earn Al Ahly a record ninth continental title.
The reports suggest that Galatasaray officials see in Afsha a great potential replacement for Younès Belhanda, whose contract was terminated in March over some statements he gave to reporters criticizing the club's board members.
The magnificent performances delivered by Mohamed since moving to the Turkish Super Lig may be a main reason why Galatasaray are determined to secure the services of his compatriot, whose contract with Al Ahly runs until 2024.
Mohamed has netted five league goals and one in the cup since his arrival in January.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades