Jesse Marsch rejects Tottenham Hotspur managerial job
The American coach has rejected the Premier League side's job offer, because he is going to replace Julian Nagelsmann at the Red Bull Arena.
Jesse Marsch has set his mind on replacing Julian Nagelsmann at RB Leipzig next season and according to reports he has already agreed personal terms with the Bundesliga side. The American coach had offers from Tottenham Hotspur and Eintracht Frankfurt, but declined both of them to take the managerial job with RB Leipzig.
Marsch was the assistant coach for Ralf Rangbick at RB Leipzig during the 2018/19 season before taking the Red Bull Salzburg job. In 2019 the American coach signed a three-year-deal that was set to expire in 2022, but he has decided to leave the Austrian champions to manage Leipzig next season.
Leaves RB Salzburg with two championships
Marsch won the Austrian Bundesliga last season with Red Bull Salzburg and they are on course to repeat this year, sitting in first place with 39 points. One of his most biggest accomplishments came in the 2019 UEFA Champions League group stage where they fought toe-to-toe against Liverpool and Napoli. RB Salzburg had an epic performance against Liverpool at Anfield in a 4-3 defeat, but this put Marsch in the radar of several clubs in Europe.
The American manager started his coaching career as the assistant for the United States men’s national team in 2010. One year later he took over the Montréal Impact job and in 2020 he joined the Red Bull family by coaching the New York Red Bulls in Major League Soccer.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: gymnastics all-around final, Caeleb Dressel 100m free swimming final, medal count, results, today 29 July
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What does Simone Biles eat? The diet of an Olympic medalist
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Since when has golf been an Olympic sport and why?
- Lollapalooza 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: line-up, times and how to watch and stream
- LOLLAPALOOZA 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: covid rules and restrictions
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it