Chivas and Tigres advance to the wildcard round
In the last regular season game of the 2021 Guardianes tournament, both teams ended in a 0-0 draw that gave them enough points to advance to the wildcard round.
Chivas and Tigres UANL ended sharing the points on matchday 17 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament. The result, a 0-0 draw, was enough for both teams to secure a spot in the wildcard round with Chivas finishing in 9th place (23 points) and Tigres in 10th (23 points).
Chivas' winning streak ends
Prior to the match against Tigres, the home team had won their last four games and were keen to continue their streak. In the early minutes of the match at the Omnilife stadium, Uriel Antuna and Jesús Angulo combined and set up ‘JJ’ Macías, whose shot was blocked by keeper Nahuel Guzmán.
Guzmán, man of the match
Shortly after the thirty minute mark, Jesús Angulo saw his effort blocked by Guzmán, who had an outstanding night. In the 36th minute, ‘JJ’ Macías gave a through ball to Isaac Brizuela whose close-range shot was kept out once again by the keeper.
Towards the end of the game, Fernando Beltrán ended a fantastic solo move by shooting from distance, but his shot went wide. Due to their respective places in the table, both teams will play away from home in the Liga MX play-offs. They will play in a single elimination game against opponents yet to be confirmed.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Nintendo Direct conference & Treehouse at E3 2021: times, stream online, and how to watch
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Coronavirus US: Pfizer vs Moderna vaccine side effects
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why are Olympics named like that? Origin and meaning
- US News IRS delays: Is identity theft delaying stimulus checks and tax refunds?
- US News How have vaccine lotteries impacted vaccination rates?
- Copa America Who won the last Copa America and which country has the most titles?