Inter Miami, missing Higuaín brothers, unable to defeat Nashville SC
Federico and Gonzalo Higuaín were not part of the roster that tied 0-0 against Nashville with the brothers coping with the recent loss of their mother.
Earlier this week Gonzalo and Federico Higuaín confirmed the death of their mother, Nancy Zacarías, from cancer at 64-years-old. The players are grieving the news and have not yet set a date to return to Inter Miami CF.
Without the Higuaín brothers the sophomore MLS franchise was unable to beat Nashville SC in week three of the 2021 regular season. Before the game started at the Nissan stadium, the players showed a banner in support of the Higuaín family during this difficult time.
The game ended in a scoreless draw and the team managed by Phil Neville now has a record of 1-1-1 for the beginning of the campaign. Their next game will be against Atlanta United at home on 9 May for week 4 of the 2021 MLS regular season.
The impact of the brothers in the league
Last week Gonzalo and Federico made history in Major League Soccer when they became the first brothers to score in a single game when they defeated Philadelphia Union 2-1. In that game the elder Higuaín brother was included in the MLS Team of the Week for week 2, thanks to both scoring and providing an assist.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?