Dortmund have agreement with Sancho over possible transfer but not Haaland – Zorc
Michael Zorc discussed the futures of Borussia Dortmund players Jadon Sancho and Erling Haaland, both of who have been linked with moves to other clubs.
Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc confirmed that Jadon Sancho has a 'gentlemen's agreement' regrading a possible future transfer, but that is not the case for team mate Erling Haaland.
Premier League clubs eyeing Sancho
Sancho was heavily linked with Premier League giants Manchester United at the start of the season, while English rivals Liverpool have now emerged as a possible suitor for the Dortmund forward. It comes as Europe's elite – including Real Madrid, Manchester City, Barcelona, United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain – reportedly queue up to sign Haaland, who has a release clause that is not valid until next year.
Zorc discussed the futures of Dortmund pair Sancho and Haaland. "We already had a gentlemen's agreement with Jadon last year that he can switch under certain conditions," he told ARD. "He's been with us for a couple of years. However, this agreement does not exist with Erling."
After United's reported pursuit of Sancho at the start of 2020-21, Zorc added: "In the end, the requirements were not met."
Sancho provided two assists as Dortmund battered second-tier outfit Holstein Kiel 5-0 in the DFB-Pokal semi-finals on Saturday. Dortmund became the first team in history to score five goals in the first half of a DFB-Pokal semi-final fixture, while they are also the first side to reach eight consecutive finals.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- MLB trade deadline Yankees get Rizzo from Cubs, Schwarber to Red Sox
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 30: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- Tokyo Olympics: Fraser-Pryce dazzles but Ta Lou sets the standard in stunning women's sprint heats
- NBA Wizards reportedly trade Westbrook to LA Lakers in draft-night blockbuster