Javier 'Chicharito' Hernández streak comes to an end against the Sounders
The Los Angeles Galaxy lost 3-0 against the Seattle Sounders at CenturyLink Field on Sunday night in week three of the 2021 MLS regular season.
Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández was named back-to-back as the Major League Soccer Player of the Week and voted into the MLS Team of the Week after his first two performances with the Los Angeles Galaxy in the beginning of the 2021 MLS regular season. Also the team with the most titles in the league (five) won their first two season opening games for the first time since 2010 and ‘Chicharito’ was looking for a personal record.
The Mexican international had scored five goals in his first two games and he wanted to become the second player in MLS history to score six in the first three matches of the campaign. The last player to set that record was Ante Razov when he tallied six goals in the first three games of the 1999 season.
‘Chicharito’ failed to find the back of the net
The Mexican international failed to score in the Los Angeles Galaxy's 3-0 loss against the Seattle Sounders at CenturyLink Field on Sunday night. The Galaxy failed to secure the points and the victory against one of the best teams in the league.
Raúl Ruidíaz netted a brace and Brad Smith supplied an assist and scored a goal to give the Sounders the 3-0 victory and first place in the Western Conference with seven points and a record of 2-1-0. Meanwhile, the LA Galaxy dropped to fifth place and lost their first game of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother