Cade Cowell makes MLS Team of the Week once again
The homegrown striker from San Jose Earthquakes made his second consecutive appearance in the league’s best starting XI for matchday three of the 2021 MLS regular season.
Cade Cowell is one of the players to watch of the 2021 Major League Soccer season and during week three he scored a goal and gave two assists in the San Jose Earthquakes’ 4-1 victory against D.C. United. This is his second consecutive appearance in the MLS team of the Week and he was voted the MLS Player of the Week.
The Earthquakes are one of the three teams for this week with multiple players included in the starting XI, but Cowell keeps maintaining his top form week after week. So far this season the 17-year-old has two goals and three assists in three games and he has earned a starting role for manager Matias Almeyda.
Only two Latin American players made it this week
For the MLS Team of the Week for week three, only two players from Latin America made it to the starting XI after having breakout performances this weekend. Raúl Ruidíaz scored a brace in the Seattle Sounders 3-0 victory against the Los Angeles Galaxy on Sunday at the CenturyLink Field.
The other player is Rubio Rubin who was born to a Mexican father and a Guatemalan mother. The 25-year-old striker has become a key player in Real Salt Lake and he scored twice in his teams 3-1 victory against Sporting KC. This is his first season with RSL and he has two goals and two assists in his only 2 appearances in Major League Soccer.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Why did WHO skip letter Xi and name Omicron the new covid variant?
- NFL What is Dak Prescott contract with Dallas Cowboys? salary and duration
- US NEWS Shooting in Oxford, Michigan high school: how many victims and who is the suspect?
- CHRISTMAS NYC Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting: times, price tickets, TV and how to watch
- COVID-19 How many Covid-19 variants have been there besides Omicron? what are their differences?
- NFL Why are the Green Bay Packers called cheeseheads? What kind of cheese are the cheeseheads?