Chivas eyeing LA Galaxy midfielder Efraín Álvarez
According to Goal, the Mexican-American midfielder could leave the Major League Soccer side this summer and sign with Chivas ahead of the 2021 Apertura tournament.
Efraín Álvarez is one of the players to watch this season in Major League Soccer. Even Zlatan Ibrahimovic praised him during their time together at Los Angeles Galaxy during the 2019 season, saying that ‘everything is natural’ when playing with Álvarez. He received his first call-up to the Mexico national team this year and made his debut on 30 March against Costa Rica in the 1-0 victory for ‘El Tri.’
Chivas targeting Álvarez
His performances with the national team and with the Los Angeles Galaxy in these past two seasons have attracted the attention of Liga MX side Chivas. According to a report from Goal, the team from Guadalajara wants to sign the 18-year-old ahead of the 2021 Apertura tournament.
According to Transfermarkt, Álvarez has a current market value of $4.40 million, but the LA Galaxy could demand a transfer fee higher than 12 million dollars. This will complicate the negotiations for Chivas who are trying to sign the young midfielder.
Álvarez has made three appearances in the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season, starting only once. This week he was included in Mexico’s preliminary roster for the CONCACAF Nations League finals that are scheduled to start on 3 June.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?