Jesse Marsch and Brenden Aaronson win Austrian league title with Salzburg
The United States duo led the Austiran side to their second straight league title, before the manager Jesse Marsch moves on to manage the RB Leipzig.
Red Bull Salzburg won the Austrian Bundesliga after their 2-0 victory against Rapid Wien on Wednesday. This is their second consecutive league title and the club’s 15th trophy in their history. Salzburg will end the 2020/21 season with a domestic double after winning the Austrian Cup earlier this month.
US duo leaving their mark this season
RB Salzburg manager Jesse Marsch announced a few weeks ago that he will replace Julian Nagelsmann at sister club RB Leipzig in the German Bundesliga next season. The United States manager will leave the Austrian side after winning back-to-back league titles in his two year tenure. 20-year-old Brenden Aaronson joined the Austrian giants on 1 January and he scored five goals and gave three assists in 18 league appearances.
Full-time: 2020/21 CHAMPIONS OF AUSTRIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/4AKyBoyIr7— FC Red Bull Salzburg EN (@FCRBS_en) May 12, 2021
Marsch making history in Europe
Marsch led Salzburg to their eighth straight league title and their third straight league-cup double in their history. The coach has made a big impact in Europe, because he became the first American to coach in the UEFA Champions League. Next season he will be reunited with compatriot Tyler Adams at Leipzig and we will see what he can achieve in the German Bundesliga.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher