Zack Steffen first USMNT player to win the Premier League
Manchester City became the 2020/21 Premier League champions after Manchester United lost to Leicester City on matchday 36.
Manchester City won their third Premier League title in the past four seasons thanks to Leicester City defeating Manchester United 1-2 on matchday 36. This is the third league title under manager Pep Guardiola and now the ‘Citizens’ can put their full attention on the Champions League final against Chelsea on 29 May.
Zack Steffen could play the next three league games
The 26-year-old became the first United States men’s national team to win England’s top tier league. Zack Steffen has one appearance so far in this years’ Premier League season as he serves as backup for Ederson. The USMNT goalkeeper played against Chelsea on matchday 17 because Ederson was recovering from coronavirus.
He was not able to keep the clean sheet, but Manchester City defeated the London side 3-1. The team led by Pep Guardiola has three games left of the Premier League season (Newcastle United Brighton and Hove Albion, Everton) and Zack Steffen could see more minutes as the Champions League final approaches.
Manchester City is one trophy away from winning a treble this season. They secured the League Cup last month with Zack Steffen keeping the clean sheet in the final against Tottenham, the Premier League was clinched today and on 29 May they could lift their third trophy of the season if they defeat Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League final.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...