Liverpool move up into fourth after brushing Burnley aside
Nat Phillips nodded in his first goal for Liverpool, either side of strikes from Firmino and Oxlade-Chamberlain at Turf Moor. The Reds move 4th on 66 points.
Liverpool moved into the Champions League qualifying places after a 0-3 win at Burnley on Wednesday took them above Leicester City and into fourth place with one round of Premier League matches remaining.
Nat Phillips opens account
Roberto Firmino struck two minutes before half-time and a Nathaniel Phillips header made it 0-2 in the 52nd minute before a superb late strike from Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain secured a fourth straight win.
The victory moves Liverpool onto 66 points, ahead of fifth-placed Leicester on goal difference while Chelsea are third on 67 points. Burnley enjoyed the better of the first half but the visitors grabbed the lead when Sadio Mané fed Andy Robertson on the left and his low cross was expertly slotted home by Firmino. Phillips eased any lingering Liverpool nerves with a firm header at the back post from a Mané cross from the left before a fine individual effort from substitute Oxlade-Chamberlain wrapped up the win.
Win needed against Palace
Jürgen Klopp's side face Crystal Palace at Anfield on Sunday while Chelsea are at Aston Villa and Leicester are at home to Tottenham Hotspur. Champions Manchester City and second-placed Manchester United have already secured Champions League qualification.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What is Walmart's buy now, pay later program? Why is the layaway program discarded?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano eruption today: evacuation, possible tsunami and live updates
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- NFL | JAGUARS Jags QB Lawrence vows not to 'play timid' after throwing seven interceptions
- NFL | BUCS Brady demands Bucs learn from Rams defeat
- Rodgers convinced last-gasp turnaround gives Packers 'legitimacy' as Super Bowl contenders