Flamengo's Giorgian De Arrascaeta on Al Hilal's radar
The Saudi giants are targeting the Brazilian Série A side attacking midfielder as they are preparing to let go of several foreign players over the summer.
Media reports in Brazil unveiled Saudi pro league side Al Hilal's interest in signing Flamengo's Uruguayan midfielder Giorgian De Arrascaeta in a bid to strengthen their squad for the next season. At the same time they are planning to lay off some players from their current ranks, including the Sebastian Giovinco, who has had a strained relationship with the club.
Al Hilal made Flamengo an official $15 million offer last summer that has been turned down by the Brazilian outfit, who refused to let go of the 26-year-old.
Al Hilal are closer than ever
Al Hilal are currently closer to closing a deal with the Brazilian club than they were last year as parting ways seems to be desired by both the player and the club.
Throughout his career, De Arrascaeta has made 260 appearances in which he has netted 72 goals and provided 67 assists.
Al Hilal are also preparing to part ways with some of the international players in their current squad with Sebastian Giovinco and Bafétimbi Gomis on top of the list after the finalisation of Porto's Moussa Marega signing and the potential arrival of the Uruguayan midfielder.
Al Hilal are now leading the Saudi pro league standings on 55 points, four clear of their closest rivals Al Shabab with two matchdays of the campaign remaining.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands