Keylor Navas to miss CONCACAF Nations League Finals with Costa Rica
Due to an injury, the Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper was not included in the final roster of the Costa Rica national team that will face Mexico in the semi-final.
On Tuesday, the head coach of the Costa Rica national football team, Ronald González, announced the 23-man roster for the upcoming games and Keylor Navas was not included. The Ticos will face Mexico on 3 June for the semi-final of the CONCACAF Nations League at the Empower Field in Denver, Colorado.
They will then play an exhibition match against the United States men’s national team on 9 June at the Rio Tinto stadium. González decided to call Leonel Moreira (LD Alajuelense), Esteban Alvarado (Limón FC) and Aaron Cruz (Deportivo Saprissa) as the three goalkeepers that will fight for a starting role during the next games.
Why was Navas not called to the national team?
According to the Costa Rica Football Federation, The goalkeeper from Paris Saint-Germain suffers from an injury and he will not be able to play with the national team for the upcoming tournament. Ronald González is hopeful that Navas recovers in time for the CONCACAF Gold Cup that starts on 12 July.
Keylor Navas arrived to Paris Saint-Germain in 2019 and he has helped the team win championships during his time in France. The bosses from PSG awarded him with a contract extension until 2024 and he won goalkeeper of the year of the 2020/21 Ligue 1 season.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers